Hide and Seek
'Hide and Seek' is a fast-paced thriller set in Stirling Castle and more widely across Scotland during World War Two.
It’s April 1943. Medical student Helen Erickson is followed from London to her aunt’s farm in Perthshire. What do her pursuers want?
Meanwhile Monique Dubois is attending a secret meeting at Stirling Castle when an old adversary is murdered in a chilling echo of a dark episode in the castle’s history. Bob Sutherland and the MI11 team are called in and discover that almost everyone who knew the victim had a motive.
Helen disappears and it becomes clear that national security is at stake. Monique sets out to find the missing woman before anyone else does, even if it means killing to protect her. Can Monique find Helen? Can Bob track down the killer at Stirling Castle? And just how dangerous have things become for both of them?
'Hide and Seek' by Ken Lussey was published on 26 May 2023. You can find out more about the book, read background information, reviews and excerpts from it and see photographs of the locations used on Ken Lussey's own website.
- Buy the paperback edition from Arachnid Press.
This may be signed and dedicated at no extra cost if you wish.
- Buy the Kindle edition from Amazon.
- Paperback: 381 pages
- ISBN-13: 978-1-8382530-6-6
- Product dimensions: 19.8 x 13.0 x 2.0 cm
- Publication Date: 26 May 2023
- Find out more about the book on Ken Lussey's website.
NextToTheAisle, 26 May 2023:
- "Drawing from a wealth of influences... Lussey has again written an entertaining page-turning novel that delivers in spades of enjoyment and tension."
- "What is so good about this book... is that there is a genuine sense of not knowing what is coming next."
- "The scene where Monique and Anthony discover the carnage at the aunt's farm was to this reader reminiscent of the opening to No Country for Old Men told with such assuredness that comes from a writer confident in the characters he has created."
- "While that is daring and driven, Bob's castle death is closer to an Agatha Christie novel and those famous drawing room murders where everybody is a suspect."
- "Lussey has in the past six years created this quite wonderful world of World War Two espionage and mystery..."
The Stockholm Run
We published 'The Stockholm Run' by Ken Lussey on 26 May 2022. This is a fast-paced thriller set largely in Edinburgh and Stockholm during World War Two.
It’s March 1943. The death of an intruder reveals a hidden military bunker at Dundas Castle near Edinburgh, a living relic of an anti-invasion scheme from earlier in the war. Bob Sutherland and the Military Intelligence 11 team follow a trail that leads to a much larger secret, buried beneath Edinburgh Castle.
As the mystery in Edinburgh unravels, Bob Sutherland and Monique Dubois are sent to Stockholm, a city supposedly at peace in a world at war. There they are to take delivery of a message of critical national importance.
Or is it all a carefully crafted trap? Both encounter ghosts from the past in Sweden. Can their relationship survive what they uncover? Will they live long enough for that to matter?
We published 'Bloody Orkney' by Ken Lussey on 29 June 2021. This is a fast-paced thriller set in Scotland, mainly in Orkney, during World War Two. It's November 1942. Bob Sutherland, Monique Dubois and the Military Intelligence 11 team visit Orkney and its hugely important naval base. But an unidentified body has been found. It's clear that powerful men have things they want to keep hidden and MI11’s arrival threatens the status quo.
The First Two Novels
We also sell - again signed and dedicated at no extra cost by Ken Lussey if you wish - paperback editions of his first two thrillers set in Scotland during World War Two, 'Eyes Turned Skywards' and 'The Danger of Life'. These were published by Fledgling Press in 2018 and 2019 respectively.